Background: The Institute on Teaching and Mentoring
(http://www.instituteonteachingandmentoring.org/), has become the largest
gathering of minority Ph.D. scholars in the nation. The Institute is hosted by the
SREB-State Doctoral Scholars Program. Continue reading
NASA’s Psyche Mission invites full-time, enrolled undergraduate students in any major from universities and community colleges in the U.S. and its territories to apply to become part of this year’s cohort of Psyche Inspired interns. Psyche Inspired is a program that brings undergraduate students together to share the excitement, innovation and scientific and engineering content of NASA’s Psyche mission with the public through artistic and creative works. For more information please click here.
Application Deadline: Aug. 9
In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the NASA Apollo 11 launch, CaSGC affiliate Citrus College hosted a rocket launching event on their own campus. More than 40 students from elementary school age to college participated in the event. A total of 62 rockets were launched at exactly 9:32AM which is the same time Apollo 11 was launched in 1969. To view a video of the launch click here. Congratulations to Citrus College on a very successful event!
NCAS gives community college STEM students an authentic NASA experience and encourages them to finish a 2-year degree or transfer to a 4-year university to pursue a NASA-related field or career.
- U.S. citizenship
- High school graduate or equivalent and at least 18 years of age
- Registered at a U.S. community college during the semester of the onsite workshop
- Concurrent enrollment or completion of 9+ hours of STEM coursework
- Able to commit to a 5 week online session
- Internet access
*Please note a non-refundable $35 fee will be collected for the onsite portion to cover materials. To apply click here
The WIA Foundation is pleased to provide four merit-based scholarships to women interested in a career in the aerospace field to pursue higher education degrees in engineering, math or science. The awards will be given to rising juniors or seniors in college, to be applied during the upcoming academic year. Continue reading
Montana State University is hiring for two space-related positions:
1. Research Engineer with the Space Science and Engineering Laboratory to participate in the development of CubeSats, Sounding Rocket Payloads, and High Altitude Balloon Payloads (Bachelor’s Degree required). See: https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/15612
2. Postdoc with the eXtreme Gravity Institute (www.montana.edu/xgi/). See: https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/14591
The National Space Grant Foundation is currently accepting proposals for the X-Hab Academic Innovation Challenge. is a university-level challenge designed to develop strategic partnerships and collaborations with universities. Continue reading