The California Space Grant Consortium is pleased to announce the 2015 solicitation for the “MESA Community College Laboratory Research Experience”.
- Encourage and prepare students in associate degree programs for advanced Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) degrees and careers and
- Increase participation of underrepresented minorities and females in STEM
Target Audience of Solicitation:
- California MESA Community College Programs seeking to collaborate with universities
- California MESA Engineering Programs seeking to collaborate with MESA Community College Programs
- All California universities seeking to collaborate with MESA Community College Programs
Proposals are due on Friday, May 1st. Click here for solicitation.
NASA has announced three new scholarship and research opportunities for FY 2015:
- Minority University Research Education Project (MUREP)
- Aeronautics Scholarship Program–Undergraduate
- Aeronautics Scholarship Program–Graduate
These are competitive year-long opportunities focused on students in eligible NASA STEM disciplines.
- Be U.S. Citizens
- Have a 3.0 GPA or above
- Be pursuing a STEM discipline (please see below for MUREP and Aeronautics disciplines)
- Up to $9,000 per student will be paid toward tuition
- Stipend of $6,000 for summer internship
- Up to four years funding per student
Due Date for Applications:
- March 31, 2015
Are you a community college student interested in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) career?
Start your journey now by working on projects and sharing ideas with NASA engineers, scientists, and your peers from across the nation! Continue reading
2013 Helicopter/UAV Program (CTSGC)
SNC Dream Chaser Intern Position (Sierra Nevada Space Systems)
The UCSD Jacobs School of Engineering Corporate Affiliates Program and the California Space Grant Consortium invite students to attend an info session:
“Careers in Next Century Structures Design Engineering”
Speaker: Susan Paish, Chief Engineer of Structures Design, Boeing Commercial Airplanes
When: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 from 5-7 PM
The NASA Space Technology Mission Directorate would like to invite you to the 2014 NASA Innovative Advanced Concepts Symposium at Stanford University February 4-6. Continue reading
The California Space Grant Consortium is pleased to announce its 2013-2014 Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP).
- Scholarships in the amount of $1,000 will be awarded to California students.
- Application Submission Period: November 15, 2013 – January 24, 2014. Continue reading
The California Space Grant Consortium is pleased to announce a new solicitation:
The MESA Community College Laboratory Research Experience
With the objectives of:
- Encouraging and preparing students in associate degree programs for STEM degrees and careers
- Increasing participation of underrepresented minorities and females in STEM.
Notices of Intent (Optional and Non-Binding) Due: November 22, 2013
Proposals Due: January 17, 2014
Performance Period: March 1, 2014 through May 31, 2014
Award Amount: $10,000
Number of Awards: Up to two
Click here for the solicitation.
If you have questions please contact Tehseen Lazzouni.
The California Space Grant is pleased to provide an opportunity for two California students studying Aero/Astro to intern for 10 days at Kennedy Space Center next January. During this time they will shadow NASA engineers to learn about their research, the new post-space shuttle environment, and the systems engineering approach at NASA. All expenses will be covered by the California Space Grant. Continue reading