Cooperative Research Partnership with NASA Dryden Flight Research Center (DFRC)
NASA Dryden Flight Research Center (DFRC) and the California Space Grant have jointly executed a Space Act Agreement involving Student/Mentor Design and Research and Operations Projects. This DFRC/Space Grant “Space Act” Program is intended to provide a significant positive impact on the following areas:
- Quality of science and technical education and a well-trained workforce;
- Relevance of Space Grant programs to DFRC’s mission; and
- Number of under-represented students electing to pursue graduate study and research careers in science, technology, and mathematics.
- This Agreement enables the CaSGC to extend its research and workforce efforts through involvement with the following NASA DFRC task areas:
- Aeronautical flight research in support of global civil aviation, development and operations of the Space Shuttle and future access-to-space vehicles,
- Airborne science mission and flight operations, and piloted and uninhabited aircraft testbeds for research and science missions.