NASA has announced a call for graduate fellowship proposals for the NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship (NESSF) Program-2014/2015 Academic Year (proposals due 2/3/14). Individuals from accredited U.S. Universities who are pursuing Masters or Doctoral degrees in Earth and Space Sciences or related disciplines are invited to apply. The purpose of NESSF is to ensure continued training of a highly qualified workforce in disciplines needed to achieve NASA’s scientific goals. Continue reading
We are proud of our California Space Grant Summer 2013 NASA Interns:
- Eric Gutierrez, Stanford University (NASA Dryden Aeronautics Academy)
- Nathan Suppanade, CSU Los Angeles (NASA Dryden Aeronautics Academy)
- Samira Motiwala, Stanford University (NASA Ames Internship)
- Noelle Oguri, UC Davis (NASA Academy at Ames Research Center)
- Darren Sholes, Cal Poly–San Luis Obispo (NASA JPL Space Grant Internship)
- Paula S. Adhikari, University of Southern California (NASA JPL Space Grant Internship)
- Alexie Pogue, UC San Diego (NASA Ames Internship)
- Jeffrey Friesen, UC San Diego (NASA Ames Internship)
These students were able to apply classroom knowledge to exciting real-world projects, gaining experience far beyond any classroom. Through NASA internships, our students become leaders with a deeper understanding of NASA objectives and outstanding real-world aerospace expertise.
For photos and personal statements, click here.
Javier Gonzalez-Rocha was taught from a young age to value education as a means to overcoming poverty and achieving a better quality of life. From his early beginnings growing up in a farm worker family, Javier was fascinated with flight and space exploration. Continue reading