Terms and Conditions / Online Reporting
Terms and Conditions for Awards:
January 2013 Announcements for STEM Pipeline and Workforce Development Awards:
Links to Online Reporting:
1. Awardee Form (required) – Each student involved in your project(s) receiving Space Grant or matching funds must fill out an awardee form. It is the PI’s responsibility to ensure students complete this form. After directing students to the online form, PIs should send the CaSGC program office a list of the students awarded and we will check whether or not the online form has been completed for those students.
2. NASA Education Core Data Form (required) – Use this form to report project success stories and data on publications, patents, and proposals. All affiliates who received Space Grant funds this year must fill out this form.
3. Fellowship/Scholarship Form (as needed) – This form describes fellowship/scholarship projects for both funded and unfunded students. Fill out one form for each project. “Project” is defined as an opportunity a student would apply for, not the name of individual fellowship/scholarship student projects. For example, you may have five students who were awarded graduate fellowship awards. Each student had an individual project. Don’t list these individual projects–just list the name of the overall graduate fellowship project they applied for and were awarded.
4. Higher Education Form (as needed) – These projects encompass activities that benefit students, faculty, or both. Participants may be funded or unfunded. Activities include, but are not limited to, curriculum development, design and implementation of new major and minor areas of study, hands-on group projects, conferences, other research-related student support (exclusive of fellowships/scholarships), and workshops, as well as the development and dissemination of software, problem sets, videos, publications, and labs.
5. Research Infrastructure Form (as needed) – This refers to all organizational factors that promote the development and maintenance of research in an organization. These factors include seed money for research, release time for proposal writing, the use of facilities, the establishment of research collaborations, computer services, and equipment. Exclusive of fellowship award, research infrastructure may also encompass research-related graduate student support. Participants may be funded or unfunded.
6. Precollege Form (as needed) – Use this for all projects related to K-12 student opportunities, teacher preparation and enhancement, and K-12 curriculum development.
7. Informal Education (as needed) – Use this for all projects related to providing informal education resources, tools, or professional development related to NASA content/missions to attract/retain individuals in STEM.