The Astronauts Memorial Foundation hosted the first educator conference at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex in July 2018. The event was a success and we are pleased to bring you the second annual conference July 24-26, 2019. Registration is now open: http://kennedyconference.org Early bird registration is $295 through February 28. Regular registration is $325 and begins March 1. The conference has limited capacity, so register early to ensure your attendance. Once we reach capacity, we will start a wait list.
NEW in 2019:
- Tours of the Vehicle Assembly Building and Launch Control Center just for our group.
- Guests booking in the dedicated conference hotel block at the Fairfield Inn & Suites – Titusville will enjoy limited complimentary bus transportation from the conference hotel to the conference in the morning, and return to the hotel in the early evening.
- The Big Bang Ball moves to the Apollo / Saturn V Center to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Moon landing.
- Box lunches are included in registration for all three days of the conference.
- Additional sessions were added throughout the afternoon on Wednesday and Thursday.
- The Civil Air Patrol Aerospace Education program will be providing an opportunity for 40 lucky educators to experience a flight over Cape Canaveral! Information to sign-up coming in spring 2019!
- Experience stimulating presentations from NASA astronauts
- Participate in interactive, hands-on sessions with acclaimed teacher specialists
- Tour Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, and Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Hear first-hand information about the bold future of space exploration including the latest NASA/Commercial collaborations happening right here at KSC
- Who knows, you might even get lucky and experience a launch
- Enjoy the large Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Depart at the end of 3 days with ready-to-go lesson plans and creative ideas to infuse your classroom with STEAM and multi-faceted, space-related curriculum content
Eligibility: Attendees MUST 1) be a U.S. Citizen, and 2) be a K-12 formal or informal educator.
Big Bang Ball: Pull out your flashiest space-wear and bling for Thursday night! We are going to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Moon landing at the Apollo / Saturn V Center at NASA Kennedy Space Center with a dinner and dancing. If you were at the inaugural Big Bang Ball, you know this is an event not to be missed! This event is included with each paid conference registration. Information to purchase tickets for guests will be made available to registered attendees in March or April.
Add-On Sessions & Tours: Information for add-on opportunities such as Civil Air Patrol Flights, tours, Lunar and Meteorite Certification, guest tickets for the Big Bang Ball, etc. will be provided to registered attendees in March or April.
Payment Options: Payment may be made by credit card or check. If paying by check, an invoice will be emailed to the registrant and the check is due in 14 days from the date of the invoice.
FACEBOOK: Join us on Facebook for the latest updates and to meet fellow attendees: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goforspace/
LAUNCH SCHEDULE: There is always a chance for a launch at Kennedy Space Center! Space Flight Now maintains an updated launch schedule for launches worldwide. Keep an eye on this site as launches are added for Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Center: https://spaceflightnow.com/launch-schedule/
It is time to GO FOR SPACE!!
Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to ensure you receive conference updates. If you wish to be removed from this list, please reply with Unsubscribe in the subject line.